Mopar Action On-line – Tech Questions


Tech Question

Tom Cardwell, Leesburg, VA, 1974 Plymouth Duster 225

Which type of subframe connector do you think isbetter/stronger – the ones which are contoured to the floorpan of the car(from US Auto Body) or the square type from other vendors (ie, Auto Rust)?Or is either type going to provide roughly the same strength?

The absolute strongest are 2×3″ tubing which require slitting the floor fulllength.

Next strongest are the 2×2″ which require only a little slitting near therear.

Then come the contoured ones, which require the most welding Quantity andprecision)…..but do not enter the vehicle interior at all.

Worst are the bolt-in style.

ANY of them are a GREAT upgrade!



Main Index | Current Issue | Tech Q & A | Tech Archive | Subscription | Advertisers Links | Contact Info